TRAIN WITH OGNJEN
3 x World Champion. Ranked No. 1 in The USA. (IKF, MTGP & Former Lion Fight World Champion/WBC, WKA USA Champion)
America’s #1 Ranked fighter Ognjen Topic. In the current world of finite focus, overstimulation, and sensitivity, figures such as Topic stand out among the rest. A product of a war torn environment, Ognjen’s threshold for discomfort and challenge carved the path of his career.
Ognjen is one of the select few foreign fighters to compete in the world’s highest rated shows and most prestigious arenas. Topic’s resume includes performances on commonly known shows by mainstream media such as Yokkao [Opponent: Saenchai], Lion Fight, Muay Thai Grand Prix, Triumph [Madison Square Garden], all whilst simultaneously traveling to Thailand in the pursuit of becoming a stadium champion; competing in the sport’s mecca - the prestigious stadiums of Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, and MAX Muay Thai (Ch. 8).
Worldwide recognition has come due to Ognjen’s relentless display of technically sound, tricky, but traditional and raw Thai Boxing utilized in victories over Thai and Western champions alike. Having trained alongside stadium champions for the past 10 years, in a top 10 ranked gym in Thailand, Ognjen’s pursuit is far from over.
His relentlessness was bred into him from his early childhood, fleeing in the middle of the night from Bosnia to reach safety in Serbia before immigrating to the United States at the age of 9, modeling after his father’s creation of opportunity, but pursuing his passion for fighting in anarchy to his family’s wishes. The chapters of his story are only in the stage of commencement. European Born, Thailand Bred, American Freed to live and tell the tale.
Ognjen is also an award winning graphic designer, you can view his creative work at TopicCreative.com
“I never look at anything else other then this moment. It takes away from what I am doing now [thinking about a year from now and yesterday]. I think that if you invest your energy into today and tomorrow. . . I mean, all that I have is due to not looking past today’s mission.” - Ognjen Topic
Ognjen Topic is a current IKF World, MTGP, former Lion Fight Lightweight World Champion, WBC, WKA National Champion in Muay Thai. He has been training at North Jersey Muay Thai (NJMuayThai.com) since 2005.
- Ranked No. 1 in the USA (Super Feather Weight Division)
- WKA North American Champion (Lightweight Division)
- WBC North American Champion (Super Feather Weight Division)
- IKF World Champion (Lightweight Division)
- Muay Thai Grand Prix World Champion (Lightweight Division)
- Former Lion Fight World Champion (LightWeight Division)
- Voted 2011 North American professional rookie of the year by Muay Thai Authority. (MTA has over 1,385,000 fans on their fan page: facebook.com/MuayThaiAuthority)
- Voted 2011 professional fighter of the month by the WKA (World Kickboxing Association)
- Voted 2011 Break through fighter of the year by Muay Thai is Life website
- Awarded New Jersey Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2012 Fighter of the Year
- Awarded most “Fight of the Night” by Friday Night Fights in its history (facebook.com/fridayfights)
PERSONAL TRAINING & GROUP CLASSES
Ognjen is available for personal training. He conveniently offers flexible schedules and hours that will suit your needs. Open to the public, he teaches group classes Monday - Thursday.
Regarded as one of the most technically sound Thai Boxers in the West, whilst stateside, Ognjen is available for hire to teach seminars as well as aiding students with technical sparring, developing proper technique, speed and power. In addition to technical knowledge, he can also answer any questions about self-marketing, conditioning methods, mindset related information, and the judging of a Muay Thai bout.